Try this delightful winter warmer this week.
It is very healthy as well.
Chick pea Soup
1 cup cooked chickpeas
4 cups water
2 cloves garlic mashed and chopped finely
1 potato cooked and cubed
1 leek sliced lengthwise then cut across
2 carrots sliced diagonally
2 table spoon olive oil ( optional )
salt to taste
small bunch of fresh coriander leaves chopped finely
1. Soak chickpeas for at least 4 hours
2. Cook in pot with two cups water
3. When it has begun to boil reduce heat but keep simmering
4. Add garlic, carrot, leeks and potato and two more cups of water
5.Add salt and let cook for 40 minutes
6. Add olive oil and sprinkle fresh chopped coriander over the top.
7. Sere with whole grain bread.